What is Schema?
Schema Markup, known as structured data is a code that helps search engines to understand your content and better represent it in the search result.
Schema Markup (schema.org) is a structured data vocabulary that helps search engines better understand the information on your website. These structured mark-ups allow users to notice the meaning and relationships behind the system mentioned on your site.
Schema Markup is all about making your page visually pleasing to attract user’s clicks.
Examples: How schema reflects on any website
Tools Used to check Schema Code
Schema Code is used to check whether there is any error or warnings on your website. It simply shows errors or warnings on your website.
You can easily insert your code in code snippet or you can insert your URL as well in the Fetch URL as shown in the picture below.
Reasons Why Schema is Important for Seo
- It makes your website or page more attractive, informative.
- It provides Extensive Rich Snippets.
- Local Businesses can throw light to search engines what their business is all about, what they sell, and how to contact them.
- With the help of markup, the search engines can understand your business and what your offerings are.
- You can promote events directly in search results for local queries like “events near me”. Your business event will pop up in the search result with information about the venue, what the event is all about, who is selling the tickets of the event.
- Schema Markup helps in providing better rank for your website for all kinds of content types:
- Local Businesses
- TV Episodes
- Book Reviews
- Software Application
- Frequently asked Questions
Types of Schema Markup
Search Engine Supports three types of schema markup
Microdata: it is a set of tags that allows users to mark up their web pages.
RDFa: Resource Description Framework in Attributes.
Google always recommends you to use JSON-LD Schema markup code whenever it’s possible.
Top Free Schema Markup Generators
How to Create Schema?
For Example: For creating Schema for An Article
- Firstly, I will visit the website https://technicalseo.com/tools/schema-markup-generator/
- A window will pop up. Just click on which schema.org markup would you like to create. Like I want to create a Schema for my Article. I will Click on Article.
- Will insert all the details like Article type, URL, Headline, Image URL, Author Type, Author Name, Date Published, and Date modified and then copy the schema and post it on my page under Custom Schema Tab.
In conclusion, a schema is used to create traffic for your website makes it more informative, and also helps users to understand your content in a better way.